Independent, private, four-year, co-educational college founded in 1876
- Student/Faculty Ratio:
13 to 1
- Number of Students: 1565 (55% Female; 9% International; 10% Domestic Minority)
- Number of Faculty: 143 (72% Full-time; 91% Tenure or Tenure-track; 40% Female)
- Tuition, fees, room and board: $47,370
- Financial Aid: 100% of all freshman judged to have financial need received financial aid
- Internships: 80% of recent classes have had one or more internships
- Study Abroad: 48% of graduates have had an international experience
- Average Class Size: 19
Location: Huntingdon, PA (Small Town)
- Flexible, individualized curriculum
- 29% of students design their own major or Program of Emphasis.
- Internships in virtually every discipline
- Study-abroad opportunities in over 20 foreign countries
96% of students who graduate do so in four years.
- More than 90 student clubs and organizations
- Campus Traditions: Lobsterfest, Storming the Arch, Mountain Day, Madrigal Dinner, All Class Night, Springfest, EID Dinner, Mr. Juniata Contest
- Nickname: Eagles
- Colors: Blue and Gold
- NCAA Division III; 19 varsity sports (10 women, 9 men)
- Division III Champions: Women's Volleyball (2004 and 2006), Men's Volleyball (1994, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007)
Founded in 1876, Juniata is an independent, co-educational college of liberal arts and sciences. Located in the scenic mountains of central Pennsylvania, the beautiful 110-acre main campus is supplemented by the 365-acre Baker-Henry Nature Preserve and Baker Peace Chapel. In addition, a 365-acre Environmental Studies Field Station on nearby Raystown Lake provides one of the most distinctive opportunities in environmental science in the nation.
The College has a strong reputation for excellent academics, personal attention, and state-of-the-art technological resources. Juniata students enjoy small classes, a challenging, flexible curriculum, collaborative student-faculty relationships, countless chances to learn by doing, and a lively campus offering lots to do and great new friends.