Morey picks up lone Juniata win in 8-1 men's tennis loss to Moravian
(Posted March 27, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Juniata College freshman Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) posted a win in his no. 4 singles match, but that would be the Eagles' only victory of the day as they dropped an 8-1 decision to Landmark Conference rival Moravian College, Saturday afternoon on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Morey knocked off Moravian's Drew Shreter, 6-3, 6-3, to log the victory.
Juniata (2-2, 0-1 Landmark) opened the match with losses in all three doubles matches, although Jarrad Silver (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) and Arnab Chakrabarti (Alpharetta, Ga./Alpharetta) battled the Greyhounds' Ian Box and Kevin Holze into extra games before falling, 9-7.
In singles play, Juniata came closest to pulling off a second win at no. 5 singles. Juniata's Ross Imbrie (Warwick, Pa./Warwick Valley) fought Moravian's Chandler Forman to 6-4 in the first set, but couldn't force the super-tiebreaker after dropping a 6-2 decision in set two.
Juniata returns to the courts on Monday, March 29, when it hosts Stevenson University at 3:30 p.m.
Moravian 8, Juniata 1
1. Ian Box (MOR) def. Jarrad Silver (JUN) 6-3, 6-0
2. Doug Morrow (MOR) def. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 6-1, 6-3
3. Kevin Holze (MOR) def. Tucker Good (JUN) 6-2, 6-0
4. Brice Morey (JUN) def. Drew Shreter (MOR) 6-3, 6-3
5. Chandler Forman (MOR) def. Ross Imbrie (JUN) 6-4, 6-2
6. Nick Yelito (MOR) def. Scott Andrews (JUN) 6-2, 6-0
1. Ian Box/Kevin Holze (MOR) def. Jarrad Silver/Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 9-7
2. Doug Morrow/Nick Yelito (MOR) def. Ross Imbrie/Scott Andrews (JUN) 8-6
3. Chandler Forman/Drew Shreter (MOR) def. Tucker Good/Brice Morey (JUN) 8-4
Moravian College 2-2, 2-0 Landmark
Juniata College 2-8, 0-1 Landmark
Our readers respond...
Contact Gabe Welsch at email@example.com or (814) 641-3131 for more information.