Juniata men's tennis breezes past Stevenson, 8-1
(Posted April 12, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Juniata College men's tennis captured every match except no. 1 singles on its way to an 8-1 win over Stevenson University, Monday afternoon at the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
Scott Andrews (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona Area) had the day's most impressive showing. He first teamed with Ross Imbrie (Warwick, N.Y./Warwick Valley) to notch an 8-6 win at no. 2 doubles, then went on to a straight-set victory at no. 5 singles over Stevenson's Matt Leddy, 6-2, 6-3.
Imbrie also came away victorious in his no. 4 singles match, with a 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 triumph over the Mustangs' Shawn Kelley.
Juniata (4-10) won matches at no. 6 singles and no. 3 doubles by default.
The Eagles return to the court on Wednesday, April 14, when they face Washington & Jefferson College in a road match.
Juniata 8, Stevenson 1
1. Ted Cooke (STE) def. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) 6-4, 6-1
2. Brice Morey (JUN) def. Kevin Stamm (STE) 6-4, 6-0
3. Tucker Good (JUN) def. Randy Speck (STE) 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
4. Ross Imbrie (JUN) def. Shawn Kelley (STE) 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
5. Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Matt Leddy (STE) 6-2, 6-3
6. Andrew Hoffman (JUN), by default
1. Jarrad Silver/Arnab Chakrabarti (JUN) def. Ted Cooke/Kevin Stamm (STE) 9-8 (7-1)
2. Ross Imbrie/Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Randy Speck/Shawn Kelley (STE) 8-6
3. Brice Morey/Tucker Good (JUN), by default
Juniata College 4-10
Our readers respond...
Contact Gabe Welsch at email@example.com or (814) 641-3131 for more information.