Juniata men's tennis gets back into win column with 7-2 triumph over Washington & Jefferson
(Posted April 14, 2010)
WASHINGTON, Pa. -- Juniata College men's tennis picked up a pair of wins in doubles play and carried that momentum into singles, cruising to a 7-2 win over Washington & Jefferson College on Wednesday afternoon in Washington, Pa.
Juniata's Tucker Good (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg) and Brice Morey (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) opened with an 8-2 win over W&J's David Dubois and Justin Mondok at no. 2 doubles, while the Eagles captured no. 3 singles by forfeit.
Good went on to post a 6-0, 7-5 win over Dubois at no. 3 singles. Jarrad Silver (Bethesda, Md./Walt Whitman) downed the Presidents' Chris Faulk at no. 1 singles, 6-1, 6-3, and Juniata also notched wins by Ross Imbrie (Warwick, N.Y./Warwick Valley) and Scott Andrews (Hollidaysburg, Pa./Altoona Area) at no. 4 and no. 5 singles respectively.
Juniata (5-10) returns to the courts on Saturday, April 17, when it travels to Towson, Md., to face Goucher College in a Landmark Conference match.
Juniata College 7, Wash. & Jeff. 2
1. Jarrad Silver (JUN) def. Chris Faulk (W&J) 6-1, 6-3
2. Brice Manin (W&J) def. Brice Morey (JUN) 6-3, 6-3
3. Tucker Good (JUN) def. David Dubois (W&J) 6-0, 7-5
4. Ross Imbrie (JUN) def. Justin Mondok (W&J) 6-0, 6-0
5. Scott Andrews (JUN) def. Cameron Sell (W&J) 6-0, 6-0
6. Andrew Hoffman (JUN) def. Eric Sillard (W&J), by forfeit
1. Chris Faulk/Brice Manin (W&J) def. Ross Imbrie/Scott Andrews (JUN) 8-5
2. Tucker Good/Brice Morey (JUN) def. David Dubois/Justin Mondok (W&J) 8-2
3. Andrew Hoffman/Alden Hiller (JUN) def. Eric Sillard/Cameron Sell (W&J), by forfeit
Our readers respond...
Contact Gabe Welsch at email@example.com or (814) 641-3131 for more information.