Men's tennis win convincingly beats Lancaster Bible, 9-0
(Posted April 7, 2010)
HUNTINGDON, Pa. -- Each singles player posted a shutout for the Juniata College men's tennis team en route to a 9-0 decision over visiting Lancaster Bible College, this afternoon on the Raffensperger Tennis Courts.
The three doubles squads got the team off on the right foot, winning all three matches handily. The Eagles were led by the duo of Tucker Good (Gettysburg, Pa./Gettysburg) and Andrew Hoffman (Blain, Pa./Susquehanna Township) who blanked their opponents, 8-0, at number two doubles.
Both the number one and number three doubles team won by the score of 8-1.
Ross Imbrie (Warwick, N.Y./Warwick Valley) led Juniata (3-9 overall) in the singles matchups, as he posted a shutout, winning in straight sets, 6-0, 6-0, at number five singles.
The Eagles did not allow the any of the Chargers to win more than one game in any set, as they cruised to their third victory season.
The Eagles will take to the courts once again when they host Landmark Conference foe Drew University on April 10. The matchups will start at 12:00 p.m.
Juniata 9, Lancaster Bible 0
1. Jarrad Silver (JUNM) def. Phil Smock (LBCM) 6-1, 6-0
2. Arnab Chakrabarti (JUNM) def. Brandon Klinger (LBCM), by default
3. Brice Morey (JUNM) def. Dan McAllister (LBCM) 6-1, 6-0
4. Tucker Good (JUNM) def. Peter Coderre (LBCM) 6-0, retired
5. Ross Imbrie (JUNM) def. Brendan Arey (LBCM) 6-0, 6-0
6. Scott Andrews (JUNM) def. Josh Formanek (LBCM) 6-0, 6-1
1. Jarrad Silver/Arnab Chakrabarti(JUNM)def. Phil Smock/Peter Coderre(LBCM) 8-1
2. Tucker Good/Andrew Hoffman (JUNM) def. Dan McAllister/Josh Formanek (LBCM) 8-0
3. Brice Morey/Alden Hiller (JUNM) def. Brendan Arey/Caleb Graves (LBCM) 8-1
Lancaster Bible College 0-5
Juniata College 3-9
Our readers respond...
Contact John Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (814) 641-3132 for more information.