Institutional Profile - Academic Program
- Calendar: 15-week early semester system; limited summer session
- Degrees Offered: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
- Curriculum: Flexible, individualized curriculum; 29% of all students design their own majors or "Programs of Emphasis" (POEs); Each student consults with 2 advisors.
- Most Popular POEs:
- Biology/Pre-Health: 18%
- Environmental Science: 10%
- Accounting/Business: 9%
- Education: 8%
- Psychology: 6%
- Chemistry: 6%
- Communication: 3%
- New Programs/POEs: Professional Writing; Environmental Economics; Entrepreneurship; Digital Media; Performing Arts Management; Theatre Performance; Wildlife Conservation
- Off-Campus Study: Internships in virtually every discipline; Study Abroad in 21 foreign countries; Marine Semester, Urban Semester, Washington Semester; Cooperative Degree programs in Law, Engineering, Peace and Conflict Studies, Dentistry, Medicine, Chiropractic, Optometry, Pharmacy, Podiatry, Nursing, Physician Assistant, and Allied Health fields.
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 13 to 1
- Average Class Size: Average Lecture: 19; Average Lab: 19; Average, all: 17
- Retention: 85% of Freshmen entering fall 2010 returned fall 2011;
76% of cohort entering 2005 graduated within 6 years;
96% of students graduating in 2011
did so within 4 years or less.