Institutional Profile - Commendations
Juniata is mentioned in scores of diverse guides, articles, and measures of colleges and universities. Regardless of evaluation methods, the College is consistently praised as supportive, innovative, and a model for the best that liberal arts education can be.
- We are praised for our overall offerings in Baron's Best Colleges, Peterson's Competitive College Guide, U.S. News and World Report, The Princeton Review, The Fiske Guide, and Washington Monthly Rankings.
- We are recognized for our distinctive focus on experience and excellent outcomes in Lauren Pope's Colleges That Change Lives, Weinstein's Making a Difference College Guide, the Teagle Foundation's study, "The Nation's 13 Best Performing Colleges," and The Unofficial, Unbiased, Insiders Guide to the 331 Most Interesting Colleges, and David Marcus's "Acceptance."
- Our accessibility and openness to students from diverse economic, social, racial and ethnic backgrounds has been recognized by the Center for Student Opportunity's College Access Guide and Leland Miles' Provoking Thought: What Colleges Should Do for Students.
- We are lauded for our commitment to service and community in guides like Rugg's Recommendations on Colleges, usnews.com's "America's Best Colleges--A+ Options for B Students," Entrepreneur.com's "Colleges with an Entrepreneurship Emphasis," Washington Monthly's College Rankings, Don Asher's Cool Colleges, ELLEgirl magazine's "Top 50 Colleges that Dare to be Different," and have been named to the 2008 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll by the corporation for National & Community Service.
- Our students themselves talk about the College in Vault's College Buzz Book, College Prowler, and, believe it or not, Cosmo Girl Magazine's "The Top 100 Colleges and Universities."