Mountain Day of the Mind
One day during the spring, classes are cancelled and the entire college community celebrates the research, project development and performances of Juniata students.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
About the Symposium
On the day of the Symposium all day classes are suspended so that the college community can participate in this event. Oral presentations, poster sessions, art displays, and performances will run throughout the day. The Symposium is intended to allow the campus to focus on the varieties of research, project development and performance abilities of Juniata students.
The submission process includes a notice of intent to participate in the symposium, followed by the submission of a formal abstract. The notice of intent will include some basic information and the title of your project. Due date for this submission is February 26th. To submit your notice of intent, students should follow this link, and complete the appropriate information. Upon submission, you and your sponsor will receive an email notifying you the information has been accepted. At a later time, students will receive an email prompt containing the appropriate link to submit their abstract. The deadline for abstract submission is March 30th.
Students may opt to do a poster or an oral presentation. The oral presentation should be 12 minutes in length with 3 minutes for follow-up questions. Depending on the number of participants, some students may be asked to do a poster instead of an oral presentation.
- LAS 2014 Playlist of All Interviews (YouTube)
- List of 2014 Presenters, Titles, and Abstracts
- LAS 2014 Schedule
- Academic Research
- Juniata Voices
- 2013 LAS Schedule/Brochure
- List of 2013 presenters, titles, and abstracts
- List of 2012 presenters, titles, and abstracts
- 2012 LAS Brochure Program
- 2011 LAS Brochure Program
- 2010 LAS Brochure Program
- 2009 Master Program
- List of 2009 presenters, titles, and abstracts.
- 2008 Master Program
- 2008 final abstracts
- Download the 2007 symposium program [pdf].
- Download the 2006 symposium program [pdf].