The Office of Student Financial Planning is dedicated to helping students and their families manage the costs of a Juniata education through scholarships, grants, advice and information about other resources and means by which the cost of education can be met.
We assist every family, not only those who need help funding student's dreams; and, our assistance continues through graduation.
Our goal is to help families plan for the student's entire education at Juniata.
Applying for Financial Aid (2017/18 Academic Year)
The Office of Student Financial Planning partners with you to keep a Juniata education affordable not only for the current year but also for succeeding years. We help you find the appropriate methods for your family to finance a four-year experience. We provide contact information for lenders and other aid providers to bring together all the resources you may need. Consider the Office of Student Financial Planning your direct resource for all the information you need. On average 88% of a student's demonstrated financial need is met with financial aid resources.
As soon after January 1, 2017, you and your parents should file personal income tax returns.
After October 1, 2016 but before February 15th, file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Early filing of the FAFSA guarantees that you will be considered for all types of Juniata aid and that you have financial aid early enough to make a decision by the Common Reply date of May 1, 2017.
Returning students must also complete the FAFSA renewal no later than March 15, 2017.
The Department of Education recently published a new YouTube video. This 6 minute tutorial contains helpful information for parents of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) applicants. It helps parents navigate the FAFSA process: from logging in, to filling out and signing their child's FAFSA using their FSA ID. "How to Fill Out the FAFSA"
For information on creating an FSA id, FSA has a video with detailed instructions. "How to create an FSA ID"
When visiting campus meet with a member of the student financial planning staff, review the process and timeline, discuss any unusual circumstances, multiple siblings in college, where they attend, etc.).
Financial Planning Contacts
- Information - (814) 641-3142 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracie Patrick, Director of Financial Planning - (814) 641-3144 - email@example.com
- Diane Ross, Assistant Director of Financial Planning - (814) 641-3143 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brad Williams, Financial Planning Specialist - (814) 641-3141 - email@example.com
Depending on family circumstances some of the following materials may be required:
- 2017-2018 Verification Worksheet (to be completed ONLY by students who have been selected for verification through the federal process) - The Office of Student Financial Planning will contact you if this form needs to be completed. The verification process has changed in that IRS tax return transcripts are required. You may download your IRS Tax Transcript or request a copy by mail using the IRS Link or call 1-800-908-9946. If it has been at least two weeks since electronically filing your 2015 tax return, you may wish to simply log back into your FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Watch YouTube IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial.
- Scholarship Programs for Local/Regional Employees and Families - Several local and regional businesses provide scholarships for employees and family members who attend Juniata.
Juniata's Conditional Guarantee
A student's commitment to attend Juniata is matched by a corresponding commitment from the College. The Conditional Guarantee assures you that College-sponsored aid will remain unchanged for the student's four year of attendance. Because of this you can plan and budget for each year with the expectation that College aid will not be reduced. This means a stable family contribution each year with manageable payments.
The following conditions must be met to maintain the provisions of the Conditional Guarantee:
- Students must meet acceptable standards of academic progress (see Catalog).
- Students must file renewal applications for aid by March 15.
- Significant changes to family or financial circumstances may result in changes to financial assistance.