Executive in Residence Program
“Executive in Residence” program gives our students an opportunity to engage with leaders in their field of study. These executives enhance the classroom instruction by providing students with ‘real life’ practical applications of business decisions and problems. The executives spend several days on campus, which allows maximum time for student engagement. The executives share their experience and expertise in a variety of ways. The executives work with students in the classroom; meet with individual students for mentoring and career guidance, and lead an open session available to the entire campus.
Previous Executive in Residence Speakers
photo by: Sungouk Park
Fred Mason, spring 2012 (pictured above)
- He is a highly accomplished pioneering, and visionary top enterprise executive with U.S. and international experience in the construction and mining equipment sector. An innovator and leader who secures a corporation’s place at the forefront of the industry.
- Led open campus presentation: "What I didn't learn in school."
Lisa Giles, fall 2012 (in the picture below)
- Founder and CEO of Giles & Associates Consultancy, Inc.
- Led Open Campus presentation: " Futurescape: Plotting your Career Plab Strategically"
Carl Glaeser, fall 2011 (in the picture above)
- He is a proven senior operating executive with a broad base of experience building and leading successful global organizations. His industry focus has been in the BPO service, information technology, telecom, hardware, software and consumer packaged goods industries. He graduated with a B.S. from Juniata College. He also serves on the Board of Trustees at Juniata College, NYU – Steinhardt Dean’s Council, and several non-profit groups.
Tim Statton, spring 2011
- President of Bechtel Power Corporation
- Led Open Campus presentation: "Perspectives on Leadership"
Charles "Bud" Wise, fall 2010 (in the picture below)
- Former president of human resources for PPG Industries
- Led Open Campus presentation: "Preparing for Success in Business Environments"
Todd Kulp, spring 2010
- Senior vice president for finance for Pacific Drilling Inc. in Huston, Texas
- Led open campus presentation: "My Life in the Very Real World: A Juniata Alumni's Life with Enron and Other Strange Events"
Upcoming Executive in Residence Speaker
Tracey Grajewski, October 21-25, 2013
- Partner and Senior Client Manager for the Pittsburgh, PA and Cleveland, OH markets at Mercer
- Campus presentation on Thursday, October 24th (topic TBD)
Previous Guest Speakers
Scott Cody, spring 2011 (in the picture above)
- 1987 Juniata graduate
- CFO of Global Traffic Network
- One of the primary whistleblowers on the fraud committed by Bernie Madoff
- 2003 Juniata graduate
- Auditor at the Department of Defense
- 1998 Juniata graduate
- Shared with students about her experiences with bank mergers and acquisitions
- Works for and American consulting company in charge of publishing a monthly magazine, China Briefing, in Shanghai, China.
- He is an expert on how multinationals do business in China.
- 1996 Juniata graduate
- He is part of financilhouse.com
- 2007 Juniata graduate