Why Study Art at Juniata?
Collection Catalog Project
View some of the work created by our students.
- Gain studio and art history experience.
- Learn to curate exhibits of classical artists and your peers at the Juniata College Museum of Art (JCMA).
- Use Juniata’s computer art studios, pottery shop, JCMA, various display areas and so much more.
- 100% placement of students in graduate programs in museum studies and art history
- Study abroad opportunities in the arts in England, Italy, Germany, Australia, Japan, Ireland, France, and Greece.
- International Study Opportunities in Italy!
Italy Through a Lens: Digital Photography Class in Florence, Venice, and Rome
photo: John Klusman
Intense four-week beginning level summer course that provides students with foundations of digital photography using Italy as a focus of visual exploration. Students will be introduced to the basic operation practice of a DSLR camera and learn basic Adobe Photoshop tools to gain an understanding of concepts associated with elements of art and the principles of design. Class time will be divided between work in a digital lab and photographic locations in Florence, Venice, and Rome. Italy will provide a significant historical and cultural context for the course.
This opportunity is not offered every summer. Pleas check with the Art Department faculty members for more details and keep your eyes open for enouncements."
Interested in Art?
- Tops in Jobs: Juniata Recognized Nationally in "Great College to Work For' Poll
- Five Juniata Alumni Honored with Achievement Awards
- Three Juniata Faculty Receive Awards for Teaching, Service