Pennsylvania Department of Education Certification Requirements
Students may apply for an Instructional I certificate from the Pennsylvania Department of Education after they have met the following conditions:
- Earned a baccalaureate degree
- Successfully completed an approved certification program
- Successfully completed all required PRAXIS/PAPA tests
- Have been recommended by the institution
All specific requirements for entrance to, retention in, and completion of certification programs can be found in the Education Department Student Handbook.
- Interstate Certification Agreement
- PRAXIS/PAPA Test Requirements by Certification Area
- Pennsylvania Code of Professional Practice and Conduct for Educators
- Learning Principles for Professional Educators - These principles are the foundation for the knowledge and skills that students will acquire during their teacher preparation program.