Why Study Education at Juniata?
- At Juniata, you’re in the classroom more often and earlier than at most other colleges or universities. Starting in the freshman year, every teacher candidate begins the program with a major field experience.
- Field experiences continue throughout the four years and culminate with student teaching.
- 96% of recent grads are employed as educators or in grad school.
- We are accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to offer teacher certification in PreK-4th grade, Pre K-4 and Special Education K-8, and secondary English, social studies, German, French, Spanish, math, earth and space science, environmental education, biology, chemistry, physics and general science.
- Education courses help all students build a strong background in human development, special education and strategies to meet the needs of diverse learners.
Interested in Education?
Sign up for one of our Department Days
campus news >