What Makes Juniata's English Curriculum Different?
- You tailor your studies to your own personal interests in literature and writing.
- Your program of emphasis can be in professional writing or can be individualized to include professional writing. Compared to the other small liberal arts colleges in Pennsylvania, Juniata is one of the few with a professional writing program.
- You engage in a contemporary and innovative curriculum where you may analyze film, read graphic novels, and develop content for social media.
- You may participate in Lift Ev’ry Voice and Unlock Your Voice, programs that are student-designed and facilitated to celebrate the literature of historically underrepresented writers.
- You develop the tools to voice your opinions and share your analysis.
- You may work one-on-one with a professor to complete a capstone project tailored to your interests, either a creative writing project or an academic thesis.
- Through a wide range of classes, you explore the complexities of race, gender, and culture, ultimately challenging your world view.
- You have a variety of internship opportunities in positions such as marketing writer, webmaster, and local news writer. You can even complete an internship while you study abroad.
- You create a new and deeper understanding of the material through classes that collectively weave concepts together.
- In the English & Secondary Education POE, you experience both the theoretical in class and the practical in local school districts beginning in your first year and continuing for all 8 semesters.