Craig Ebersole '09 is employed as a researcher with Mountain Research LLC in Altoona, Pa.
Genna Houston '08 is currently employed as a geologist at E.A. Earth Engineering, Science and Technology, Inc., in Hunt Valley, Md. While at Juniata, Genna most enjoyed mangrove restoration with Neil Pelkey, sulfide research with Ryan Mathur and learning to use a water level indicator, which impressed her employer on her first day of work.
Tyler Thomas ’12 is currently employed as a mud logger at Seiman & Associates in Midland, Texas.
Graduates—working with Geology faculty and the College’s Career Services Office—who seek professional positions are hired. Quickly. Consistently. All of them. And, they go on to excel in top positions in diverse fields of geology such as environmental science, petroleum and coal, minerals, natural hazards, primary research and museums, space science, business, and education. Some of the professional positions that Juniata Geology alumni hold include:
- Vice President of Rettew Associates, Inc. (environmental and engineering services)
- Senior Vice President, Pacific Capital Bank Corporation
- Growth Supervisor, ConocoPhilips
- President, Hydrosolve, Inc. (geological software)
- Production Geology Functional Leader, Shell Oil
- Haas Distinguished Professor and Geology Department Chair, University of Kansas
- Operations Manager and Principal, ERM (environmental and engineering services)
- Chief, Division of Mine Hazards, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Chief, Division of Remediation Services, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Vice President, Inter Power Development Corporation
- Executive Vice President, Martin Marietta Materials
- Northeast Regional Director, Lawhon and Associates (environmental and engineering services)
- President, Eads Group (environmental and engineering services)
- Petroleum geologists for Chevron, Marathon Oil, ExxonMobile, ConocoPhillips, Shell, Kerr-McGee, and many regional petroleum firms.