The Juniata College Health Professions Alumni Appreciation Award
This award was established in 2000 by the Health Professions Committee to recognize alumni/alumnae who have made a significant contribution to the professional and personal development of Juniata students aspiring to careers in the health professions.
- 2000 Gregory Stahl, Ph.D. ('84)- established a summer research program for Juniata students at Harvard
- 2001 Peter Hauer, B.S. ('86)- employed and mentored Juniata students in his Neuroscience Laboratory at Johns Hopkins
- 2003 Bradley Miller, D.O. ('94)- mentored aspiring physicians
- 2004 Perry Habecker, V.M.D. ('76)- mentored aspiring veterinary students
- 2006 Randy Kochel, M.D. ('79)- mentored aspiring physicians
- 2007 Steven McElroy, M.D. ('95)- established a summer research and shadowing program for Juniata students at Vanderbilt
- 2008 Thomas Terndrup, M.D. ('77)- established a summer research and shadowing program for Juniata students at the Penn State University College of Medicine
- 2009 John Bulger, D.O. ('91)- established the Jan Plan winter break and summer internship programs for Juniata students at Geisinger Health Systems
- 2010 Terry Eccles, M.D. ('92)- established a summer pediatric internship for Juniata students at her practice in Stafford Springs, Connecticut
- 2011 William J. Olstein ('02) - mentored aspiring physicians
- 2012 Eric Bridenbaugh ('06) - mentored aspiriing physician assistants.
The Juniata College Health Professions Committee Outstanding Service Award
This award was established in 2003 by the Director of the Health Professions Program to recognize Committee members who make an outstanding contribution to health professions advising and/or the health professions program.
- 2003 Norman Siems, Ph.D. and Susan LaVere
- 2004 Duane Stroman, Ph.D.
- 2005 James Borgardt, Ph.D.
- 2006 Peter Goldstein, Ph.D.
- 2007 James Borgardt, Ph.D. and Michael Lehman, M.D., M.B.A.
- 2008 Susan Radis, M.S.S.
- 2009 Peter Baran, Ph.D. and David Hutto, Ph.D.
- 2010 Darwin Kysor, Ph.D.
- 2011 David Hutto, Ph.D.
- 2013 Debra Kirchhof-Glazier, Ph.D. (Director)
The Juniata College Health Professions Heroes Award
This award was established in 2005 by the Health Professions Committee to recognize students, alumni/alumnae, faculty, staff, health care practitioners, or others associated with the College and the Health Professions Program, who have made an outstanding contribution in terms of service and sacrifice related to health care and healing.
- 2005 Eliot Fagley, M.D. ('98) - received national recognition for his contribution to Hurricane Katrina relief in New Orleans
- 2006 Nicholas Bower, D.O. ('00)- founder of Physicians for Humanity
- 2011 Bradley Miller, D.O. ('94) - received the Health Professions Heroes Award for his work in spearheading the Lewistown model for heroin addiction treatment.