Azure Window (Alicia Szarmach)
Juniata students can study abroad on every continent except Antarctica, in the following countries:
- Africa: The Gambia, Morocco
- Asia: China, India, Japan
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Russia, Spain, United Kingdom
- North America: Canada, Mexico
- Oceania: Australia, New Zealand, Fiji
- South America: Ecuador
Program Courses, Types, and Duration
For program COURSES that have already been assigned Juniata credit and FISHN designations, please see the International Course Database. Other course listings and links are included in specific program pages.
Juniata supports the following PROGRAM TYPES:
- Exchange Programs: Juniata has a long history of vibrant direct exchanges with international institutions. Students on Juniata Exchange (EXC) programs apply first through Juniata's study abroad application process , then directly to the partner institution.
- Consortial Programs: Juniata is also a member of two consortiae, the Keystone Study Away Consortium (KSAC) and Brethren Colleges Abroad (BCA) . Students studying through BCA programs apply first through Juniata's study abroad application process, thenthrough BCA, which carries an extra application fee.
- Limited Enrollment: A number of exchange and consortial programs are Limited Enrollment (LE). LE programs are competitive, many with requirements of 3.0 minimum GPA. Students are not guaranteed their first choice of LE program, even if they meet the requirements. LE decisions will be made by the Dean of the CIE and the International Education Committee (IEC) after the December 1 application deadline, and will be based on student application essays and advisor support. Preference will be given to fall and full-year applicants.
- DURATION of the program may be Semester/Year fall (F), spring (S), year-long (Y), or Short-Term (summer (SU) or winter (WI)). Short-term programs are usually in the summer; summer programs have a Feb. 15 application deadline. See the study abroad advisor or the faculty contact (listed on the short-term program chart, link below) for more information about specific short-term programs.