Click the links below to read blogs from students in previous semesters.
- The Gambia: My Encounter with West Africa by Holly Belkot, a student from Susquehanna University.
- Bridget in the Gambia by Bridget, a student from Susquehanna University.
- Shelby in The Gambia by Shelby Glover, a student from Susquehanna University.
- Study Abroad: The Gambia by Cait, a student from Juniata College.
Students enroll in the University of the Gambia; relevant POEs include politics, theatre, pre-health, and social sciences.
- Academic Courses: Students take courses in Gambian local languages and history, as well as regular university courses
- Calendar: The Gambia program loosely follows Juniata's spring semester.
- Housing: Juniata students are housed together in a private apartment in the same neighborhood as the program director.
- Regional Information
- Student Notes: new program, Juniata administered (begun by Professor Emil Nagengast, Politics) NGO internship opportunities available for semester students
- Scholarships: Philbrook Smith Scholarship for History POEs; Benjamin Gilman Scholarship for students with Pell Grants; Rinehart-Darkatsch Scholarship for Education POEs; Boren Scholarship
- Grants: Dr. Chumpol Phornprapa Experiential Learning Travel Grant
- Relevant POEs and Examples of Available Classes: political science, social science