One of Juniata’s dual degree partners, the Westfälische Hochschule offers opportunities for business students (in Bocholt) and Journalism/ PR for Communication students (Gelsenkirchen).
- Business at Bocholt / Academic Courses (Bocholt)
- JPR at Gelsenkirchen / Academic Courses (Gelsenkirchen)
- Calendar: Fall semester is early September through late February. Spring semester is early March through mid-July.
- Housing: Independent apartments. Students are responsible for finding their own housing.
- Regional Information: "Bocholt is a local centre of trade and culture: there is a theatre at the Kulturzentrum in the new town hall and museums such as the 'Kunsthause', the Westphalian Textile Museum and the Handicrafts Museum. A lively pedestrian area, new shopping centres and cinemas attract visitors from all over the district. The town borders the Netherlands and contacts with the Dutch neighbours are stong and lively." - University of Applied Science pamphlet
- Student Notes: partner degree includes internship, requires a thesis, culminates in German degree along with JC bachelors degree
- Scholarships: Philbrook Smith Scholarship for History POEs; Benjamin Gilman Scholarship for students with Pell Grants; Rinehart-Darkatsch Scholarship for Education POEs; Bliss-Karns-Schwemmlein Scholarship for Study Abroad for a year: DAAD Scholarships
- Grants: Dr. Chumpol Phornprapa Experiential Learning Travel Grant
- Relevant POEs and Examples of Available Classes: business, international politics, communication