BCA program at the University of San Francisco de Quito (Universidad San Francisco de Quito - USFQ)
Colors of Banos (Erin Satterthwait)
- Academic Courses
- Calendar: Fall semester is late July through mid-December. Spring semester is early January through mid-May.
- Educational Setting
- Regional Information
- Student Notes & Experiences
- Scholarships: Philbrook Smith Scholarship for History POEs; Benjamin Gilman Scholarship for students with Pell Grants; Rinehart-Darkatsch Scholarship for Education POEs; Boren Scholarship; Nyce Scholarship for Study in Latin America; BCA Study Abroad Scholarship
- Grants: Dr. Chumpol Phornprapa Experiential Learning Travel Grant
- Relevant POEs: Classes are taught in Spanish so students with a POE or emphasis in Spanish would be ideal here but with a huge variety of courses open to students many different POEs would excel including Biology, Art, Environmental Science/Studies, History, International Studies, Literature, English, Theatre, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, Sport Science, and Philosophy. Sciences are highly encouraged to study in Quito. Most students end up studying here to immerse themselves in Spanish and improve their language skills. Not a lot of people in the city speak English so it really is an immersion program.