Exchange program with Universidad Pablo de Olavide
April in Sevilla (Kelsey Thrush)
- Academic Courses
- GPA Requirement: Universidad Pablo de Olavide requires all students to have at least a 2.9 GPA. GPAs lower than 2.9 will be considered but may require additional support.
- Calendar: Fall semester is early September through mid-December. Spring semester is late January through mid-May.
- Educational Setting
- Regional Information
- Student Notes: beautiful area, good immersion experience, good support system
- Scholarships: Philbrook Smith Scholarship for History POEs; Rinehart-Darkatsch Scholarship for Education POEs; Bliss-Karns-Schwemmlein Scholarship for study abroad in Spain for a year; Benjamin Gilman Scholarship for students with Pell Grants
- Grants: Dr. Chumpol Phornprapa Experiential Learning Travel Grant
- Relevant POEs: Students with a POE or secondary emphasis in Spanish would be ideal here but with some variety of courses open to students, other POEs would excel including Art, Business, Anthropology, History, International Studies, Literature, Sociology, Psychology, and Political Science. A couple biology and chemistry classes are offered. Classes are taught in Spanish and/or English. If students have a high level of Spanish, they can also take courses with Spanish students.