BCA program at Veracruz University (Universidad Veracruzana)
Photo by Meagan Schneiderman '12
- Academic Courses
- Calendar: Fall semester is mid-July until early December. Spring semester is early January until early May for EEE only students, early June for students taking Universidad Veracruzana classes.
- Educational Setting
- Regional Information
- Student Notes and Experiences
- Scholarships: Nyce Scholarship for Study in Latin America; Philbrook Smith Scholarship for History POEs; Rinehart-Dartkatsch Scholarship for Education POEs; Benjamin Gilman Scholarship for students with Pell Grants; Boren Scholarship; BCA Study Abroad Scholarship
- Grants: Dr. Chumpol Phornprapa Experiential Learning Travel Grant
- Relevant POEs: Classes are taught in Spanish and this is a full immersion program, students who study here usually have an emphasis or POE in Spanish. Once here students have a wide variety of university choices and it is not difficult to take courses in any particular department. Anthropology and Archaeology POEs can find a lot to interest them. It is particularly recommended for people with an interest in community service and cultural activities as they are easy to find, observe and offer programs for participation.