Create your personalized brochure

See also:


In order to complete your application to study abroad, you may need to submit recommendations. Any required recommendations must be submitted by FEBRUARY 15. These recommendations could include:

  1. POE Advisor
  2. General Advisor or Other Academic
  3. General Recommendation – this person can be on-campus or off. Most common recommenders are supervisors, coaches, pastors, choir directors, band directors, departmental chairs, internship supervisors, etc. They cannot be from your family or personal friends.
  4. Language Reference – from a Juniata language professor.

You need to print out each form, fill out sections A and B, and sign the form. Be sure to give the right form to the appropriate person because each one asks slightly different questions.

Recommenders do not need to write anything in addition to the form, however, they can if they would like to. You should include a pre-addressed envelope for your recommenders to use and, if they will be mailing the recommendation, a stamp.

It is your responsibility to ensure that recommendations are filled out. Please start the process early (not one week before the due date) and follow up with your reference to see if the form was received and then submitted to the Center for International Education on the 2nd floor of the Oller Center for Peace and International Programs by February 15. Students can turn them in themselves or have their recommenders mail them to us. Applicants missing recommendations are considered to have incomplete applications and could be excluded.

If sending by mail, please send to:

Carolyn Gibson
Center for International Education
Juniata College
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652

If you have any questions about your application, contact Carolyn Gibson, the Study Abroad Advisor ( or contact the faculty contact for your program.