Language in Motion Basics
The Language in Motion Mission
Language in Motion expands, enriches, and energizes K-16 language and culture teaching and learning through educational outreach and professional development opportunities.
The Language in Motion Vision
By bringing together campus and school partners and by sharing resources across K-16, Language in Motion excites students to learn more about the world and its peoples, improves and enriches language and culture teaching and learning, hones intercultural skills, demonstrates the value of higher education and of studying language and culture, and supports networks of educators locally and nationwide.
Download the Language in Motion College/University brochure here.
- Language in Motion Consortium Goals
- Language in Motion Consortium Partner Expectations
- Use of Name Request
Please click here to download the Language in Motion Mission, Vision, and Goals.
Current partners include:
- Juniata College (Founder), Pennsylvania
- Bryn Mawr College, Pennsylvania
- Dartmouth College, New Hampshire
- Drew University, New Jersey
- Iowa State University, Iowa
- Lebanon Valley College, Pennsylvania
- Lewis & Clark College
- Linfield College
- Loras College, Iowa
- Middlebury College, Vermont
- Old Dominion University, Virginia
- Pacific University
- Vassar College, New York (link to the course description)
- Westminster College, Pennsylvania
- Willamette University, Oregon (LiM expands across Oregon. Click here to the article)
"Language in Motion provides high-impact learning opportunities for our students and visibility for the college while fostering positive community relationships. We love it, and you will, too!"
- Dr. James A. Troha, President, Juniata College
“Language in Motion is a terrific experiential and service-learning opportunity for the Juniata students who participate. The students develop their presentation and communication skills while significantly enhancing the curriculum of the classrooms in the districts served. It also provides a chance for our students to share with others about the deeply meaningful intercultural experiences they have had.”
- Kati Csoman , Dean, Juniata College Center for International Education
"Language in Motion is largely responsible for many educators and students starting to think of Juniata as a place that offers great opportunities for international programs and world languages."
- Dr. Henry Thurston-Griswold, Professor of Spanish, Juniata College
"Language in Motion offers our students a wonderful opportunity to share their enthusiam for foreign cultures and language learning with our local community."
- Dr. Judith Benz, Associate Professor of German, Juniata College