The CIE invites you to submit photos to the CIE international photo contest. Six or seven photos will win each semester.
See winners from:
What do you win?
Winners may elect to receive as contest prizes either an 8x10 enlargement or 10 note-cards. Winning photos will be displayed in the Oller Center stairwell for the entire semester following the contest, and will appear on a calendar the following year, as well as on our website, social media, and other CIE promotional materials, including postcards, flyers, brochures, etc.
- Recent study abroad returnees and international students at Juniata are eligible.
- Submissions must be uploaded into the EaglesAbroad folder on the P drive in the folder named “All New Submissions” by October 15 (fall round) and March 15 (spring round).
- Each photo must be clearly named with the submitter’s full name, a title, and where the photo was taken.
- A short description must also accompany each photo. Be sure to include your name and title of photo on any description. This can be a Word document.
- Each student may submit no more than 5 photos.
- Photos can be any size, either black & white or color.
- Photos will be judged by Juniata faculty and staff according to aesthetic quality and unique communication of place. Judges do not want the "typical tourist photo" i.e. you in front of the Eiffel Tower.
- When you submit your photo, you give permission that we may print or use it in any form we choose.
- When you submit a photo of people, you agree that you have permission from the people to use their images.
- When you submit a photo, you agree that you took this photo.
Photos will be judged in late October and late March. All students who submit entries will be notified of the results.
Unfortunately, not every photo can be chosen in the contest, but we think all of them are pretty great.