Create your personalized brochure

See also:


Here is some information from the staff at the Center for International Education about how you can travel to and from campus or perhaps to begin your trip during a campus break.  Making travel plans can be difficult, and this information will help you in organizing your transportation.     

Van Service

Student Activities Shuttle Bust Trips to State College

Air Travel



Car Rental

Sharing a Ride


Van Service

Offered by the Dean of Students Office for campus breaks and provides transportation to and from the University Park Airport and Greyhound Bus Station in State College and the Amtrak Train Station in Huntingdon.

You need to sign up by completing your travel information form on-line at:  

Please check that all of your information is correct before “clicking” the submit button. 

Contact Betty McKim in the Dean of Students Office at extension 3150 or email her at with any questions about van service.

Student Activities Shuttle Bus Trips to State College

Looking to get off campus? The Office of Student Activities offers monthy trips for students to State College.

Fall 2012 Dates:
Saturday, September 8, 2012
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Saturday, November 10, 2012

Spring 2013 Dates:
Saturday, January 26, 2013
Saturday, February 23, 2013
Saturday, March 23, 2013

To purchase a ticket, please visit the Info Desk in Ellis Hall.  Tickets are $7.00.  You will also need to complete the online travel waiver at the time that you purchase your ticket.  Please note that tickets are non-refundable. All shuttles leave from the front of Ellis Hall at 1:00 pm and returns by 7:00 pm.


Air Travel

The nearest commercial airport is the University Park Airport, in State College, Pennsylvania.  The airport code is SCE.


Amtrak passes through Huntingdon on its way to Philadelphia and New York to the East and Pittsburgh and Chicago to the West.

Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone, or at the AAA Office on Washington Street in downtown Huntingdon. 

The price of your ticket will change depending on what time of year you are traveling and how far in advance you purchase your ticket before your trip.

Telephone: 1-800-872-7245



The Greyhound bus line operates routes to and from State College.

The price of your ticket will change depending on what time of year you are traveling and how far in advance you purchase your ticket before your trip.

Telephone: 1-800-231-2222


Fullington Trailways  operates out of State College and offers a number of organized tours to various locations on the East Coast and also offers intercity transportation to Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre and Buffalo, New York.

Telephone: 1-800-252-3893

Car Rental

You can rent a car from Enterprise Rent-a-Car.

The office is located in the lobby of the Comfort Inn Hotel on Route 22, next to Giant and Sheetz, and it is about a 30 minute walk from campus.

You must be at least 21 years of age to rent a car, and you a need a valid United States Driver’s License or an International Driving Permit.

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:30PM, the office is closed on the weekends

Telephone: 814-643-5778

Share a Ride

To see if any other students are heading in the same direction that you are, visit the Discussion Board on The ARCH.

1.  Log on and look for the Discussion Board under the “Today@Juniata” tab

2.  Click “View Discussion Board”

3.  Scroll down to the section titled “Classifieds”

4.  Click on the “Rides, Roommates, and Connections” link

5.  Click on “New Thread” and post a message to see if anyone is heading in the same direction and would like to share a ride. (It is usually the practice that you will offer to pay for their gas if you are able to find a ride)


There is a taxi service offered by Nittany Shuttle Service out of State College. 

The cost from Huntingdon to State College is about $80.  This is a pretty expensive option and should only be used in an emergency.

Telephone:  814-867-4646 or 814-880-6234