Integrated Media Arts (Digital Media)A multi-disciplinary program designed to offer students a broad base of practical training, and also an area of focus, as they begin to shape their lives as multi-faceted artists, designers, communicators, and developers. This program represents a unique collaboration of the departments of Art, Communication, Information Technology and Computer Science, and Theatre.
Skills you will learn to get you where you want to go
- Excellent communication skills
- A foundation of art and artistic expression
- A solid set of technology skills
- Efficiency in project management
- An understanding of human computer interface, data visualization, and interactive design
- Comfort with creating digital communication solutions for diverse audiences with diverse formats and purposes for the media
- An understanding of narrative forms, storytelling, audience analysis, design, video production, photography and lighting
Where you will end up
- Web Development, Game and animation development
- Data Visualization, Interaction Design
- Digital Audio or Video Production/Film Making
- Digital Photography and Art
- Media Specialist, Graphic Design
- Or wherever you decide to go with your degree in Media Arts...
Visit the Digital Media Studio web site - our in-house digital video production studio managed by students.
Visit our external Integrated Media Arts Introductory Site for more information on this program.