Integrated Media Arts (Digital Media)A multi-disciplinary program designed to offer students a broad base of practical training, and also an area of focus, as they begin to shape their lives as multi-faceted artists, designers, communicators, and developers. This program represents a unique collaboration of the departments of Art, Communication, Information Technology and Computer Science, and Theatre.
Why Study Integrated Media Arts?
Skills you will learn to get you where you want to go
- Excellent communication skills
- A foundation of art and artistic expression
- A solid set of technology skills
- Efficiency in project management
- An understanding of human computer interface, data visualization, and interactive design
- Comfort with creating digital communication solutions for diverse audiences with diverse formats and purposes for the media
- An understanding of narrative forms, storytelling, audience analysis, design, video production, photography and lighting
Where you will end up
- Web Development, Game and animation development
- Data Visualization, Interaction Design
- Digital Audio or Video Production/Film Making
- Digital Photography and Art
- Media Specialist, Graphic Design
- Or wherever you decide to go with your degree in Media Arts...
Visit the Digital Media Studio web site - our in-house digital video production studio managed by students.
Visit our external Integrated Media Arts Introductory Site for more information on this program.