What might my four years at Juniata look like?
Prior to Freshman Year Start
Apply for the Eagles Abroad International Scholarship and take the World Languages Skills Assessment to be placed at the appropriate language level for the fall semester.
If you'd like to study a new language...
- WL 110
- WL 120
If you plan to build on what you already know...
- WL 210
- Conversation and Composition
- Converse with native speakers at weekly conversation tables.
- Get involved in WL clubs for French, German, Russian and Spanish.
- Study abroad post-freshman year in France, Germany, Mexico or Russia.
Sophomore and Junior years
Strengthen your expertise in world languages and cultures with a variety of courses and experiences that span the globe and the centuries:
- World language literature courses
- Civilization and culture courses
- Advanced language courses
- Cultural analysis courses
- International film courses
- Semester and junior year study abroad
- Qualify for the Education Department’s certification program.
- Begin to think about senior projects for graduation with distinction!
- Advanced language, literature, and culture courses
- Teacher preparation course and student teaching semester
- Deliver Language In Motion cultural presentations at local schools.
- Complete senior project for graduation with distinction.
- Earn a dual degree from Juniata and a university abroad.