What might my four years at Juniata look like?
- Begin the calculus sequence and explore other introductory courses.
- Calculus I and II
- Symbolic Logic
- Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics, and/or Computer Science I
- Information about AP credit for Calculus AB and BC.
- Secondary Education students also take Foundations of Education and Adolescent Development.
- Join the Null Set, our mathematics club.
- Complete the calculus sequence with Calculus III and focus on proofs in Foundations of Mathematics.
- Explore related areas such as computer science, finance, economics, physics, other sciences, as you plan your program of emphasis.
- Students interest in actuarial work should take additional courses outside the mathematics department.
- Take upper-level courses in both pure and applied mathematics.
- Mathematical Modeling
- Advanced Probability and Statistics
- Differential Equations
- Numerical Analysis
- The Nature of Mathematics
- Abstract Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Special Topics
- Consider studying abroad.
- Go to the Mathematical Association of America section meeting in the spring.
- Secondary Education students do their pre-student teaching in the spring.
- Consider a summer internship or research experience.
- Choose additional upper-level courses, including the Mathematics Seminar.
- Students pursuing Distinction in the POE should complete a research project.
- Secondary Education students spend the fall semester student teaching.