Why Participate in Music at Juniata?
- At Juniata, music is a passion, not a Program of Emphasis (a major). Enrollment/membership in our classes and ensembles totals over 400 people each semester - with no students majoring or minoring in music.
- Gain experience in one of our two concert bands, our orchestra, jazz ensemble, several percussion ensembles, and other specialized instrumental groups. The total number of performers in these instrumental organizations, added to the number of students taking lessons or a guitar class, is over 250 each semester (out of approximately 1600 total on campus students!)
- Connect with your global community by singing music from many cultures and traveling the world with Concert Choir. Increase your basic choral skills in Choral Union and Women's Chamber Choir.
- Gain knowledge about how music achieves itself through music classes.
- Polish your individual performing skills in music lessons.
- Express yourself through composition and improvisation.
campus news >