Committee lists are found here
Registration for the high school conference should be live on Tuesday, October 8, 2013. The conference will be Wednesday, November 20, 2013.
About JC Model UN
The Juniata College Model United Nations (JCMUN) club was established in 1997. Since then the club has attended collegiate conferences at the University of Pennsylvania, Harvard, Georgetown University, Johns Hopkins and McGill in Canada. The club is open to all students, regardless of field of study and of international experience. In addition, Juniata offers a one-credit class for students wishing to learn more about the United Nations and participate in the JCMUN high school conference.
What Does Model UN Do?
- Annually holds a conference for area high schools (November 20, 2013). For more information, contact Liz Widman @ JuniataModelUN@gmail.com
- Sponsors campus-wide lectures and holds a weekly discussion group
Model UN Has Three Objectives:
1. To give you an understanding of how the UN works and what issues it is currently tackling in terms of war and peace as well as the economics of globalization
2. To prepare you, through simulation, on the art and mechanics of debate and decision in the UN
3. To prepare the Juniata collegiate team to manage and mentor the high school conference on November 20, 2013