Individualized POE in Philosophy and Another Area of Study
Requirements for Individualized Interdisciplinary POE in philosophy and another area of study
A student who wishes to combine his/her interest in Philosophy with another field, -- for example, economics, politics, communication, English, history, psychology, biology, physics, math, and so on -- is encouraged to complete an individual interdisciplinary POE in philosophy and the field (corresponding to so-called Dual Major in many other colleges).
- 15 to 20 courses (45 to 60 credits) in both areas with at least 6 courses (18 credits) at the 300-level or above.
- Must contain at least 7-8 philosophy courses (21-24 credits) with at least 3 courses (9 credits) at the 300-level or above, 1 course (3 credits) in logic, and 2 courses (6 credits) in the history of philosophy.
- Must contain at least 7-8 courses (21-24 credits) from another department which is a part of the student's POE with at least 3 courses at the 300-level or above.
Many students have done so successfully in the past, including:
- Philosophy and Religion
- Philosophy and Science
- Philosophy and Political Science
- Philosophy and Psychology
- Philosophy / Physics
- Philosophy and Biology
- Philosophy / Music
- Philosophy / Liberal Arts