Research by Jack Barlow
- Served on the staff of the Bicentennial Commission for the U.S. Constitution, in Washington, D.C.
- Worked on revisions to the Center for Civic Education textbook, We, the People: The Citizen and the Constitution.
- In 1996 and 2001, Dr. Barlow took part in Center programs to train teachers in Bosnia to teach about democracy.
- Dr. Barlow has written a number of papers on the political thought of the Roman statesman Marcus Tullius Cicero. The most recent was on his understanding of property rights.
- With an interest in the way film and literature reflect upon politics, Dr. Barlow is researching the film version of "The Wizard of Oz" as well as P.G. Wodehouse's novel The Code of the Woosters.
- Dr. Barlow intends to do a study of Gouverneur Morris, the man who put the U.S. Constitution into writing.