We are creating a training center where performers and artists from other disciplines can study a new process of creating theatre, incubate new work from an ensemble perspective, and find partners for future collaborations.
As an institute for professionals and serious students, the TGP Institute at Juniata offers an artist or invited ensemble opportunities to:
- Study and integrate any number of theatrical or ritual arts - movement, puppetry, mask, clowning, dance, music, written forms, multi-media - into their own work.
- Incubate and perform new work as well as new ways of working together.
- Form durable and productive collaborations with other artists and ensembles.
- Investigate scenic and lighting design as powerful voices in ensemble work.
- View themselves as part of a powerful new legacy of American theatre artists internationally respected for aesthetic agility as well as a vital connection to their communities.
During 2010-2011, in these courses:
- Performance Lab
- Arts Production Lab
- Voice and Speech
- Professional Intensives
TGP Professionals will offer students training in:
- Stage Combat
- Acting for the Camera
- Documentary Filmmaking
- Dance Improvisations
- Skinner Releasing
- Monologue Performance
- New Play Development
- Interview Theatre
- Costume Design
- Fitzmaurice Voicework
- Text Analysis
- Chicago Comedy Improvisation