Small dog for adoption

Buy, sell, trade anything else here

Small dog for adoption

Postby wallsc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Our little wonder dog, Skippy, could use a better home. He's a sweet little guy...a 7 yr old neutered Rat Terrier (according to his papers...he looks more like a Jack Russell). Due to allergies of a family member, he has to spend most of his time outside. Since our second dog died, that's lonely for the little guy. He's super loveable and great with anyone including children. He is current with his shots and is quite happy to be crated overnight. We would send his crate, etc. along with him if a good home can be found. Please contact me if you'd like to meet him.

Chris Walls
643-1428
Skippy small.jpg
Skippy small.jpg (64.78 KiB) Viewed 589 times
wallsc

Re: Small dog for adoption

Postby wallsc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm

:idea: Did I mention that he is at that wonderful stage where he'll bubble with near-puppy enthusiasm but he's out grown terrier hyperness? He's practically perfect...he just shouldn't belong to me. :(

Santa's Little Helper, eh????

Skippy on th run small.jpg
Skippy on th run small.jpg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 544 times
wallsc

Postby wallsc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:05 pm

And he smiles a lot too!

skip.jpg
skip.jpg (46.16 KiB) Viewed 493 times
wallsc

Postby hawnkm11 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:34 pm

I am looking for a dog for my brother but since he works ten hour days a puppy would require too much attention and can't be left alone for that long. He is in the process of moving into a trailer on my parents farm and my parents have a golden retriever. The trailer is very close to my parents house so I am sure the two dogs would spend a lot of time together. I am sure my brother would love the dog, but I would like for it to be a surprise. Do you think your dog would be able to adapt to being around farm animals? Also is he for sale or are you giving him away?
hawnkm11

Postby wallsc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:50 am

Krista,

Thanks for responding. I don't think that sounds like it would be the best situation for Skippy. If your brother works that much Skippy would be alone most of the time, as he is now. I think Skippy would be fine around the other dog (once they got acquainted) and any large farm animals. Not so sure about say, chickens. My main concern is that he'd be alone so much though. He would need to be crated as I think alone in the house for that long he might have 'accidents' and he really isn't built to stay outside in our winter weather.

A piece of advice, that you're free to ignore of course: giving a pet often doesn't work out as wonderfully as we would hope. I didn't believe it until I got my son a kitten one Christmas. He wanted a kitten but he always resented that he didn't get to pick out his own. It's also an ongoing expense that the gift recipient may not want or be ready for. Food isn't that much but regular shots, exams, flea meds, and heart worm medications add up. Then heaven forbid they get sick or injured. Just food for thought.

I'm not looking for any money, just a better situation for Skippy than he has now.

Thanks,
Chris
wallsc

Postby hawnkm11 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Chris,
My brother is looking for a dog, so it wouldn't be unwanted by any means. I completely understand that you wouldn't want him to be penned up that long, which is why I think my brother should not get a puppy. My parents live extremely close to the trailer my brother is moving into so I am sure they would let him out periodically through the day but he wouldn't get much human attention until my brother would get home from work. Weather permitting he would also be able to run and play with my parent's dog on the farm, but no so much in cold weather. After spring semester I am hoping to live with my brother and then the dog would not be home for more than five hours alone through the day and since I only work about three days a week it would rarely be for that long. If you are still unsure about the situation that is fine I wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable with where you place your dog.
hawnkm11

Return to OTHER: Buy, Sell, Trade