Need Macs or iPhones repaired?

Buy, sell, trade anything else here

Need Macs or iPhones repaired?

Postby stromdj10 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

Need your broken Mac or iPhone repaired in any way? What about a functioning one upgraded? Or, do you have an old one that you no longer use (or is broken) that you've been using as a paperweight and might like to sell? Look no further.

Send me an e-mail with a description of what you've got, and I'll let you know what exactly I can do for you. For repairs and upgrades, I generally charge HALF of what Apple charges in service costs, as well as the cost of the parts needed for replacement, of course. For old and broken items, my policy is this: Make me an offer and I will either accept it or make a counter offer based on the circumstances of the physical condition and age of the product.

Note: If your computer is covered under warranty, by all means get it fixed by Apple as it could very likely be free, however, if you have broken it by means of accidental physical damage and thus broken your warranty, or if your warranty has simply expired, that is when my services can be helpful due to the price reduction. For many services, Apple charges an astronomical amount for out-of-warranty repairs that can be fixed at a much lower rate by somebody like myself who knows how to do the repairs and can get the parts at cost. Therefore I am willing to negotiate on most prices, with the underlying goal of providing affordable and convenient Mac service for my peers so that they don't have to drive 2+ hours to an Apple retail location to receive.

To any [justifiedly!] skeptical folks who do not know me personally, I can provide a list of at least 5-10 individuals on campus of varying classes who would gladly vouch that I have successfully performed a wide-range of Mac related repairs and upgrades over the past three years with a very high satisfaction rate.

If interested, I can be contacted by e-mail at stromdj10@juniata.edu or by phone (text/call) at 717-855-4669.

Thanks!

Dylan
stromdj10

Re: Need Macs or iPhones repaired?

Postby stromdj10 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:58 pm

Note: Providing a serial number with an inquiry will make it much easier to determine what model you have and what it will take to perform the repair. Unlike people, not all Macs are created equally!
stromdj10

Postby pheasaj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:34 pm

Not trying to direct any business away from Dylan, but I wanted to give everyone a head's up on two things:

1. If you are unsure of the status of your warranty, you can visit https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do to check to see whether you are covered. You just enter your serial number and it will give you the basic model information (which you can provide to Dylan) as well as let you know what warranty coverage you have remaining. I highly recommend you check this before you get any work done by a non-certified technician because its free if its still covered.

2. If your device is still under warranty, there is a certified Apple repair shop in State College. Connecting Point is located under Chili's and the College has had good experiences with them when we need warranty work done.

Joel
pheasaj

Postby stromdj10 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:47 am

If you refer to above, I actually mentioned that already. If something has a warranty, I'm not about to try and charge somebody to work on it.

Thanks.
stromdj10

Postby stromdj10 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Also, over the past 3 years I have heard a fair share of horror stories from JC students getting things serviced at Connecting Points (parts being switched, screws bring left out, etc.) If you DO have a warranty, I would strongly encourage anybody NOT to go there, rather, to go to an actual Apple Store where in-warranty work is held to a VERY strict quality standard. Furthermore, if you DON'T have a warranty, expect to pay them twice what I'll ask for for the same repairs. :-)
stromdj10

Return to OTHER: Buy, Sell, Trade