- Main Good Hall Page |
- History of Good Hall |
- Why Give? |
- Photo Gallery
- Faculty and Staff Giving |
- Naming Opportunities |
- Make a Gift to Good Hall
Why Good Hall?
- Prospective students recognize an obvious disparity between the newer campus educational buildings and Good Hall.
- A 2005 survey by the Association of Higher Education Facilities Officers showed that "when choosing a college, the facility that matters most to prospective students - by far - is that which houses their major." Seventy-three percent of the students surveyed indicated that this facility was critical to their decision to attend that institution, fully 20 points higher than the second most frequent choice (the library).
- The same year, the executive summary of the Juniata freshman survey captured this observation from the data received, "There was also a significant difference between POE divisions and the students' first impressions of Juniata. Social Science students were less likely than Natural Science students to be impressed with the appearance of the campus on the first visit to Juniata."
- A relatively new member of the teaching faculty recently rated two rooms in Good Hall as the "worst" classrooms on campus.
Juniata has responded to the need by creating a plan to return Good Hall to an outstanding academic facility. We will address basic needs such as new windows, ceilings, heating and air conditioning units, flooring, furniture and lighting to greatly improve the learning environment. Refurbished hallways containing current works of student art will inspire future graduates.
Current estimates for completing the refurbishment of Good Hall are $2 million. As funds become available, staged renovations commence almost immediately and much of the main level of the building has already been completed.
An anonymous benefactor has pledged a "challenge" gift to equally match the first $500,000 raised. Including the class of 2006 senior gift to renovate Good 216 as a classroom/student lounge, $103,000 in gifts has been raised in only the last month toward that challenge. Juniata seeks additional gifts to complete the refurbishment of Good Hall.