- After hearing the sad answer to the question "What are you doing?" the man changed Dan Geiser's '39, life with five little words. "I'll pay for your education." The year was 1937. read more
- Carl Baxter - "My grandfather owned a service station in Altoona," says Carl Baxter. As he leans back, smiling his grandfatherly smile, he recalls when he first fell in love with automobiles.
- Gene Shore '37 - Seated behind the Huntingdon Daily News editor's desk, Gene Shore '37 wore threadbare socks and was encircled by pencil stubs. Today Juniata students are twittering their love of Juniata, just as their benefactor did for six decades.
- Gayle Pollock '68 - Gayle Pollock came to Juniata when girls still had to wear skirts to dinner -- at least for her first two years as a student. Her POE was in home economics, but she’s no June Cleaver. In fact, she’s used her extensive administrative experience to change Juniata in a nontraditional way. read more
- "I had no idea they had so many different types of scholarships," says Josh Scacco '08, from Lebanon, Pa. studying political communication and economics and the recipient of the Yoder scholarship. read more
- Elicia Frye '08, from Williamsburg, Pa. who studied pre-law and politics, points out that getting financial aid was the critical element in her decision to come to Juniata. read more
- "Juniata took me on faith because the College didn't know if I could pay for it," says Rodney Jones '64, who received the Simpson Memorial Scholarship in his sophomore year. "The scholarship gave me some assurance that I would manage my way through." read more
Thank You Letters
- Franklin Hockenbrocht '10 - "I wish I could fully explain to you how much my Juniata scholarship has affected me. I am the first one in my family to go to college, and if I did not earn this scholarship, I would not be able to go myself. Thank you again; your gift has made a great change in my life." read more thank you letters
- Christopher Bender '10 - "If it had not been for your contributions and generosity, I do not know if I would be attending Juniata today. Juniata is a perfect fit for me and I am extremely happy to be attending this wonderful college, so I owe it all to you, for giving me the opportunity to attend the school that is truly a match for me." read more thank you letters