Academic Advisor Resources & Documents
Have questions about the Study Abroad Recommendations? Please click here.
Advising Planning Sheet: This Student Academic Development Committee document should be used by advisors and advisees over the course of a student's career to guide their completion of graduation requirements.
World Language Placement Exam: This is an online assessment tool that we recommend students take prior to attending orientation and/or if they have interest in taking a World Language course. We encourage all students with more than two years of experience in a World Language to take this assessment. Password: WLC2017
Departmental Advising Information: This is a document that contains relevant first-year advising information for all academic departments to assist advisors in registering students during summer orientation.
Low Enrolled, Common First Year, & 1 or 2 Credit Course Listing for Fall 2017: This is a reference sheet of courses that are worth considering as you build your tentative schedule. This document will be updated after each orientation weekend.
Biology & Chemistry Scheduling Chart: Use this chart to assist when scheduling students for introductory biology, chemistry, and labs. To use this chart, follow these simple steps:
- Choose the section of BI 105 the students wants
- The first two tabs are for section 01
- The second two tabs are for section 02
- Choose whether the student wants morning or afternoon bio lab
- Tab #1 is Section 01 + Morning lab
- Tab #2 is Section 01 + Afternoon lab
- Tab #3 is Section 02 + Morning lab
- Tab #4 is Section 02 + Afternoon lab
- Once you’ve selected the desired tab, you will find a matrix of possible permutations
with Chemistry lecture and lab.
- Chemistry lecture sections are listed along the side in column A
- Chemistry lab sections are arranged across the top of the spreadsheet
Transfer Credits and Juniata College: This document is written for students that may bring transfer, AP, IB, or dual enrollment credits with them to Juniata.
CWS Summer Intake Essay: This is the prompt for the 2017 CWS Summer Intake Essay. It is due 7 days after a student attends orientation.