Provides varied and complex administrative support for the International Programs Office.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining records of expenditures and producing reports designed to assist in the determination of the annual budget proposal; planning and overseeing mailings.
- Designs and maintains multiple databases on students and international contacts; uses the databases to produce reports, mailing labels, etc. in timely and professional manner.
- Performs a range of administrative/office support services including: correspondence preparation; file maintenance and retrieval; customer service by phone, in person and through the mail; scheduling meetings, arranging appointments, preparing and circulation of announcements, etc.
- Conducts financial transactions such as billings, vouchers, purchase orders, etc. Purchases office supplies and services.
- Answers questions by phone, mail or in person, providing information to a diverse and multicultural group of customers, including students, faculty, administrators, international exchange partners, etc.
- Hires, trains and supervises student assistants.
- Prepares and proofreads documents such as reports and correspondence; completes and prepares routine reports. May draft correspondence for the signature of others.
- Edits and updates the IPO and IEP Web page as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works with considerable independence. Must work collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Responsible for supervising several student assistants.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
- Experience in a professional office setting, with strong skills in customer service, project planning and management, PC-based office software (including advanced Access and MS Word and a working knowledge of Web page editing), budget planning and tracking, staff supervision, effective handling of confidential information and an ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- Experience with general accounting procedures and proven track record of attention to detail, customer service and file management preferred.