Performs essential office-wide support functions for the office of Alumni Relations.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains alumni records; monitors and tracks volunteers; works with database; and performs data entry in Datatel's Benefactor program.
- Organizes; creates file folders; monitors event timelines; oversees regional event registration; runs or requests reports and mailing labels.
- Provides clerical support to an office including services such as arranging appointments/travel, sorting and distributing mail and departmental email, composing letters, postcards and other mailings, ordering office supplies & promotional items, allocating and approving purchasing card transactions for all cardholders, making bank deposits and handling other accounting functions, typing, filing, etc.
- Acts as staff liaison for certain reunion classes at Alumni Weekend and Homecoming; oversees registration process for both events; tracks and helps coordinate Student Alumni Association activities; communicates with Affinity Groups; and occasionally travels to regional events. This position involves overtime (including weekends) in February, June and October each year.
- Writes bi-monthly articles for the employee newspaper; proofreads materials; helps with newsletters; and communicates with alumni, friends, students, Student Alumni Association members and the campus community regarding alumni events and volunteer activities.
- Greets and directs visitors, answers phone inquiries and provides routine information to callers and visitors. Completes and collects forms, applications, work orders, requisitions, reports, etc. Helps maintain the Alumni Web Page and sends e-communications.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently within established policies and procedures. Must work cooperatively with diverse individuals and customers. Some direct supervision of student workers.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a high school diploma. Additional academic training preferred.
- Three years experience in an office setting sufficient to demonstrate proficiency in: customer service skills, volunteer management, project planning and management, PC based office software, budget planning and tracking, staff supervision, advances word processing skills, and effective handling of confidential materials.