The Assistant Director of Development is primarily responsible for cultivating relationships which will help expand the donor base, while soliciting and providing stewardship for current funds, capital projects, and endowment to achieve Juniata's strategic objectives.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivates new relationships and helps strengthen and maintain existing relationships. Listens to needs and priorities of and routinely follows up and communicates with prospective and current donors.
- Recommends and implements coordinated stewardship strategies for Advancement team.
- Solicits individuals in order to help secure the financial support needed for the College.
- Plans and organizes fundraising programs and activities including volunteer committees and special events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Works independently with discretion and judgment as to how best achieve College goals. Must work collaboratively and cooperatively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups. Reports directly to the Executive Director of Development and works closely with other members of the College Advancement team. Provides supervision to student assistants as required.
- BS/BA required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a keen ability to foster, build, and maintain relationships on all levels.
- A proactive manner and the ability and inclination to formulate and to articulate opinions creating consensus and momentum.
- Ability to work both independently within a broad strategic framework and institutional priorities, as well as cooperatively and collaboratively with numerous and diverse individuals and groups.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and work non-traditional hours.
- Computer literacy with knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Office suite and desire to become familiar with specialized software.