The Associate Dean of Admission will communicate with prospective students and their parents and other interested individuals and groups to explain the college’s admission policies and procedures and answer questions on academic programs and campus life. Develop seasonal and long-term goals and apply Juniata’s admission standards, policies, and regulations to credentials of prospective students at all application levels to determine their admissibility. The associate dean will have primary or supporting responsibility for administrative programs possibly including student phoning, campus programs/events, alumni and/or parent volunteer programs, or special academic programs.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of admission staff to develop a comprehensive perspective on all Enrollment related communication efforts.
- Document and annually revise the Enrollment Division’s communication flow to prospective students, secondary school counselors, and other key constituents.
- Apply new technologies including a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) platform and Social Media to convey the strengths of a Juniata College experience.
- Manage the development of new Enrollment Office publications.
This position will supervise two staff members and be a member of the Office of Admission’s leadership core.
- Bachelors’ degree and at least three years of relevant work experience, preferably in higher education and admission.
- Effective public speaking and written communication skills.
- A commitment to liberal arts education and cultural diversity.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure.
- Possess strong organizational skills, and work effectively with a diverse constituency.