Directs Juniata’s social media presence and strategy and devises plans for creation and deployment of content for various projects, including but not limited to enrollment publications, social media, Web, advertising, and development messaging.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Devises and directs social media and electronic communication strategies to ensure brand adherence across platforms to meet College goals, primarily those of enrollment and advancement.
- Oversees student workers and content developers, acting as editor and ensuring consistent institutional voice for Juniata social presence.
- Writes, edits, or assigns development of promotional copy for enrollment, Web, and development publications.
- Participates in news meetings and brainstorming sessions, contributing to message development with marketing team.
Works independently under general guidelines and direction, as well as collaboratively with diverse individuals. Supervises student workers, and potentially staff content developers as staffing evolves in marketing operation.
Reports to the Vice President of Advancement and Marketing and collaborates with the Executive Director of Marketing and the Director of Media Relations. Directs others in campus community regarding social media and electronic communication goals, protocols, and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, communications, business writing, or related field.
- Must have at least five years' experience in progressive writing contexts, including but not limited to web content development, social media, and advertising copy.
- Ability to write and edit for Web and print. Experience in higher education, nonprofits, journalism, communications, or marketing preferred.
- Ability to supervise creative individuals in an intense deadline-driven environment.
- Travel may be required.