Provides instruction to advance knowledge and skills of students, support staff, and tutors. Supervises human and operational resources of the Writing Center.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs and implements course curriculum and teaching materials.
- Provides classroom instruction utilizing technology and lectures, being responsive to differing needs and abilities of students.
- Measures and evaluates students learning and skill development. Provides feedback and guidance.
- Hires, trains and supervises new employees of the Writing Center.
- Prepares and administers yearly budget.
- Provides professional writing tutorial sessions to individual members of the support staff.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Works independently under general guidance and directions. Must work cooperatively with CWS staff and others.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a Master's Degree in the discipline/subject matter to be taught to meet departmental needs.
- One year experience teaching with demonstrated competency in: curriculum development, mastery of the topic being taught, and PC office applications.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work with a variety of audiences on skill assessment, training, and coordination.