The Head Men’s Volleyball Coach has responsibility for the overall development and maintenance of the Juniata College Men’s Volleyball program. This includes structural and administrative organization of the program.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement specific training programs.
- Plan, organize, implement and follow-up on an extensive ongoing recruiting effort through written, verbal and personal contact with student-athletes and their families.
- Strategically schedule EIVA and non-conference games and tournaments to advance the men’s volleyball program and maximize use of financial resources while maintaining an awareness of time demands on student-athletes.
- Assist in developing a transition plan for an NCAA Division III program that may move away from the EIVA to possible independent status as early as2011-12.
- Prepare student-athletes for competition through thorough video analysis and breakdown of opponents.
- Recommend and enforce discipline of student-athletes for infractions of rules, regulations and misconduct.
- Cultivate alumni and other constituencies to further goals of volleyball program, department of athletics and Juniata College.
- Effectively manage the financial resources and human resources allotted to the program. This includes selection, hiring and training of a assistant coaches, student assistants and some game management personnel.
- Ensure proper safety, health and fitness protocols are followed at all times by working in concert with resident NATA and NSCA professionals.
- Ensure adherence to rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies. (Juniata College, Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association, and National Collegiate Athletic Association.)
Reports to the Director of Athletics and directly supervises assistant coaches, student support personnel and student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- A record of successful coaching experience.