Summary of Position
The role of Operations Assistant – Reception is to greet and welcome guests to the Enrollment Center and directing them appropriately as well as answering phone calls, general inquiries and directing specific inquiries to the appropriate office or individual. They will fully support the Operations Specialist – Campus Visit Coordinator in guiding prospective students and their families throughout their day, updating visit reports, visit data on the TV screen and Enrollment calendar, and in printing daily visit information. The individual in this role needs to be friendly, supportive, and calm under pressure to manage the reception area. For Open Houses and Department Days, the individual will assist the Enrollment Operations Director and the Campus Visit and Events team members to manage event communications, registration lists, create itineraries, name tags, and/or assemble materials as needed for an event. The individual will also process mail and maintain inventory for the Enrollment Building.
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them warmly in person or on the telephone.
- Directs visitors to appropriate offices or staff.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Interacts with visitors to advise them of schedules and arrangements. Answers questions and conveys needed information.
- Maintains reports and records of information collected during student visits.
- Updating and printing the Daily Visit Schedule, Clipboard sheets, Tourguide Addresses for Note Cards, TV display, and Enrollment Calendar - verifying that information is consistent across all platforms.
- Enter and process Gold Card Information.
- Work with Microsoft Word and/or CRM to develop, as needed, guest itineraries, name tags, and communication related to an event or visit.
- Manage registration lists for on and off campus events.
Other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Operations Specialist – Campus Visit Coordinator.
- Either an Associates Degree or High School Diploma with significant related work experience.
- Experience with Slate, Ellucian (formerly Datatel) or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning system preferred.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and possess strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Sense of humor.