Responsible for the oversight, management, and organization of the sports information department, as well as, the planning, implementation, and coordination of all athletic communications.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and coordinates preparation and distribution of all athletic publications, including, but not limited to, game programs, media guides, weekly releases, game re-caps, and human interest stories.
- Maintains the athletic department website.
- Creates, develops, and produces all video content for the web including; digital media guides, pre-season outlooks, play of the games, game recaps, and film shorts.
- Prepares, maintains, and distributes all necessary statistics, rosters, and results.
- Submits all NCAA & Conference mandates schedules, rosters, statistics, as well as, weekly nomination for various conference, regional, and national awards.
- Responds to information and interview requests from news media, conference offices, NCAA, and other sports information officers. Provide accurate and complete information in a timely manner.
- Staffs all athletic contests with necessary sports information personnel.
- Oversight of all department social media outlets—facebook, twitter, etc.
- Responsible for the operation, staffing, payroll, and budget, for all home event sports information staff, clock operators, public address announcers, radio personnel, and videographers.
- Coordinates, contracts, and oversees all audio and video streaming for events.
- Master of Ceremonies at various events.
- General responsibility for athlete recognition and awards.
- Nomination of student-athletes for post-season awards including, all-america, academic all-america, all-conference, ECAC, and other regional awards.
- Liaison with campus marketing and communication offices.
- Serves as member and secretary for the Athletic Hall of Fame.
- Updates and maintains Event Management Manual for Department.
- Trains Athletic Event Coordinators and Game Managers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Receives general direction and guidance. Must work collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups. Hires, trains, and supervises Assistant SID, and student employees, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments and responsibilities.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of experience in sports information and/or athletic communications. Including the ability to sufficiently demonstrate skills in; written and oral communications, sports statistics, media relations, event planning, and general management.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and proficiency with software sufficient to support media publications and relevant athletic events statistical calculation, including; Adobe In Design, Adobe Photo Shop, and Stat Crew software.