2014 Strategic Plan
Over the past 3 months we've gathered data from over over 1000 employees, alumni, parents, trustees and community members through focus groups and surveys. We thank everyone for your thoughtful and meaningful input to the process.
What have we learned?
Our Top 5 Strengths
- Academic Rigor, Campus Community, Liberal Arts Philosophy, Our Personalized Experience and the Program of Emphasis
Our Top 5 Areas for Improvement
- Name Recognition, Location, Diversity, Financial Accessibility and Engagement with the Huntiingdon Community
Those things that we must Enhance/Maintain:
- Our Student First Focus, Community, Our People, The Personalized Experience and Internationalization
Those things we must Improve/Make Intentional
- Diversity, Communications, Assessment, Online Learning, Financial Resiliency/Sustainability, and Accessibility (all definitions)
Common Themes around which the plan may be built:
- People, Academic Rigor/Excellence and Our Place/Environment
Next Steps - Summer 2014
Summer Strategic Planning Open Forums - topical open to all members of the community
Summer Open House for the Huntingdon Community
Gather Input from the Huntingdon Community
Document the framework for the Plan
A Word Cloud - What Do We See as the Focus of the Next 5 Years:
February 19th, 2014 - Survey Now Available!!!
Over the last few weeks 198 employees participated in focus group sessions. The Committee met on February 19th to begin to review the data. This process is continuing.
As this process continues we want to gather more data from the rest of the college constituents. The committe has developed a survey to allow you to help us develop the next plan for Juniata. The survey should take no more than a few minutes to complete. Thank you in advance for your time!
Click here to take the survey!!!!!
January 29, 2014
The process for creating the next Juniata College strategic plan has begun! We will provide updates on this page as the process moves along. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact any members of the Committee.
The Strategic Planning Steering Committee
- Jen Arbella '14 - BioChemistry
- Bethany Benson - Associate Professor of Art
- Beth Bleil - Academic Counselor
- Linda Carpenter - Executive Director of Constituent Relations
- Nicole Close - Trustee
- Dave Drews - Senior Fellow, Charles A. Dana Professor of Psychology, Emeritus
- Gail Habecker - Trustee
- Chad Herzog - Director of Performing Arts
- Michael Henderson - Chair, World Languages and Cultures, Professor of French
- Jill Keeney - Co-Chair - Strategic Planning Steering Committee, Chair - Biology Department, David K. Goodman '74 Endowed Chair in Biology
- Michael Lifshitz '16 - Economics
- Roy Nagle - Director of Environmental Health and Safety
- Dom Peruso - Chair, Accounting, Business and Economics, Professor Accounting, Business and Economics.
- Joel Pheasant - Director of Technology Solutions Center
- Andrea Morillo Santos '15 - POE: International Business
- Fumio Sugihara - Vice President for Enrollment
- Jim Troha - President
- Steph Turner - Human Resources Assistant, Administrative Support to the Committee
- Gabe Welsch - Vice President for Advancement and Marketing
- Kathy Westcott - Interim Provost
- Rob Yelnosky - Co-Chair - Strategic Planning Steering Committee, Vice President for Finance and Operations
Starting the week of January 27th!!!! Opportunity for all employees to engage in the process. Click here to sign up for a small group information gathering session.