IC203: Genomics, Ethics and Society, Fall Semester 2013
This is a required course for the genomics certificate. To that end, the course includes the following certificate learning objectives:
- Describe the basic concepts and principles of genomics.
- Explain the scope of genomics from genes to society.
- Explain the importance of the place of genomics in the human effort to understand natural phenomena, including its history and social impact.
- Be able to make and justify ethical judgments about genomics research and its uses in medical practice and elsewhere.
- Use the skills and interdisciplinary perspectives of the liberal arts in understanding trends in genomics and communicating them to academic peers and others.